Wednesday, June 11, 2008

3rd Summer league swim meet

Today was the third meet of the summer. We got there at 7:20 am and left at 1:20 pm. The kids did really well again.
Audrey has been practicing and practicing on her diving. She is getting better but we need to work on her diving out instead of down.

Will was our biggest shocker of the day. He swam so well last week that he moved up a heat in his event (50 freestyle). That means he was going against faster swimmers. I told him up front that so he wouldn't feel bad if he didn't come in first. He was also the only 9 year old in that heat. He looked at me and said I can beat them. I told him I believed he could but they had faster times. Well he beat them. He improved his time by another 6 plus seconds. I could not believe it. He got out and said I told you I could beat them. Boy was I a proud mom.


Next Audrey did the back stroke. She actually looked like she wanted to win. I am not sure what place she came in but she did swim better.

Will's backstroke wasn't as good this time. He still did well and was with faster swimmers this time since he did so well last time. He just had trouble with one of his arms. He wasn't bringing it completely back. But I was still proud. His last event was a 100 freestyle relay. He swam good on that one as well.

No comments: