Saturday, July 12, 2008

Catch Up

We have been out of town for a while and there was no Internet access. So here we go again with catch up.
Bentley enjoying walks to the pond.
Kids fishing at the pond.
At the city meet Audrey took first place in all of her heats. she finally used two arms. The next night was the banquet and she got a trophy for most improved she was so happy. (It is the big one).
Will with his trophy. He had an off day at the meet but we were still proud.
We had book club at my friends BJ's lake house. Nikki and I spent the night. The next day we skied and jet skied.
The next day we packed and got ready for a trip to Pennsylvania. We stayed in Roanoke the first night and ate at a restaurant called Flat Fire Grill. It was great.
We finally got to Pennsylvania. The kids decided to check out the river.
The kids then went swimming at a neighbors pool. It was so cold. It amazes me how they don't feel the cold. Well Audrey doesn't, Will jumped in 4 times and got out. Then him and my mom decided to pose for me.
The next day we went to Scranton into a Coal Mine. It was cold down there. Will took my camera and started taking pictures.
(We have a lot)
I got my camera back and took one of Will. It was very interesting and dirty. We were filthy.
The day after we went to Rickets Glenn State Park. We hiked down the mountain first. There were water falls . It was a little slippery so Mark had to hold on to Audrey.

The kids and Mark made it underneath a fall.

Audrey and I went to the river and she named the little island Fitz island after my mom's Scottie. He swims to it every day.

Later we sat down with our hats and drank a good glass of ice tea. You can take a girl out of the south but not the south out of a girl.


Will helped his Dad pick up sticks and logs out of the yard.

I am not sure what kind of bug this is but showed up one night and stayed all the next day.

Mark caught this bass the next day, on his first cast. Then the kids decided to get in the river.


Fishing....

Janie and Sarah flew in. The kids took Sarah to the River.

Will wanted to catch a fish like his dad.

Fitz taking his swim....

We also spent a day at my Aunt Patti's cabin. She has a cabin on a creek or would it be brook up there?!
As you can see Mark was really enjoying himself.

Back to Scranton to visit a train museum. It was interesting especially if you are interested in trains, our crew not so much.

Sarah and Audrey smile for the camera as we took a steam engine ride.

Audrey decides to take our picture outside the museum.

We also went to a cheese factory. This is the best cheese I have ever eaten. So of course bought a lot to take back.

On our way home we stayed in Chattanooga. We went to the Aquarium when we got there. It has two sides and you can go to one or both so we choose both. The first was a fresh water aquarium. I recommend it to any one. It was awesome (Audrey's words). The salt water was okay. I would skip that one.

Audrey and Will crawled in a tube for these photos.

The day we were leaving Chattanooga Mark and Will got up and went freshwater fishing. Will caught one bass and a lot of catfish. Then we drove home. It is so nice to be home. I am going to put some more pictures and of my mothers cabins and etc... on later. My mom took some pictures of friends on her camera. I did not have mine one night.

No comments: