Thursday, July 17, 2008

Book Club - Widow of The South (review)

I blogged about this book once already. I said I just couldn't get into it. I also said I started listening to it on cd. Well my friends said skip the first cd or skip to page 150. Then it gets better. Well I did and it did get better. This story is factual and interesting. The author however jumps around so much that I had to keep looking at my ipod to see if it skipped or a section was out of place. It never was it was just that the author changes paces in mid chapter. My friends reading it also said the same thing. Some of the time they had to go back and reread once they realized what he was writing about. I recommend this book. It made me cry at some parts. It takes place during the civil war. A lady's house is taken over for a hospital. She ends up writing to the families of the soldiers that had died to give them comfort. All the other characters have a part in the her life that makes her the woman she is.

No comments: