Monday, April 21, 2008

Catch Up


I am catching up on our lives since I haven't been posting. The weekend after teacher appreciation we went to Zachary, La to visit my in-laws for the night. My father -in-law looked at Will's arm and thought we needed to go have it x-rayed and it was broken so it was but in a soft cast. He was not happy at all.
The next day we headed to New Orleans. We stayed with my dad.

Daddy met Cindy and became quite fond of her. I don't think he will ever admit it though. Later that night we went to dinner and enjoyed wonderful southern food.


AUDUBON ZOO

Saturday we went to the Audubon Zoo. As usual it was a great experience. I have been going since I was a little girl and I always enjoy myself and love looking at the animals. Now I get to look at my children with them.I think Will took this picture he decided to get behind the camera instead of in front of the camera.
We also enjoyed petting the animals.
Audrey was amazed that elephants have hair on their backs.
The kids petted an alligator.Daddy and Cindy, aka. Grandpa and Nana, sat down for a rest.
A zoo visit would never be the same without seeing the SWAMP MONSTER. Will use to get so scared when we would walk by that we would get on the other side against the wall and scooch fast. He then would start to sob.
When we got back from the zoo. We hung out and visited with my sisters. I really enjoyed hanging out and talking. Later that night we dyed eggs for the Easter Bunny. They had a great time dying the eggs.
HAPPY EASTER
I was so glad they did not wake up to early. I think we got up around 6:30. Here they are showing off their webkinz. After hunting for eggs and checking out the baskets and all the goodies, we got ready and went to the Quarter's.
When we got down to the quarter's their was a small parade and Audrey and Will caught a lot of stuffed animals.
FRENCH QUARTER
We then went to Cafe De Monde for some beignets. Nana and Audrey had a good time talking.
Another parade began shortly after we finished eating a couple of beignets. Once again a lot of beads, candy and stuffed animals.

Will and Audrey pose with one of the stuffed animals.


We then went into Jackson Square to take pictures.
Grandpa, Nana, Will and Audrey
The Loving couple My man and myself.


New Orleans always dresses up for every occasion even the animals.

This Man was getting painted on or tattooed I am not sure.


And of course, the music of New Orleans. This guy was really good. We stood and listened to him for a while. I know Mark could have stayed all night.



We then went to Muriel's for Brunch. We went upstairs and waited. While waiting Will enjoyed the decor. And Audrey decided to take over the camera.

Audrey put me in this pose.
I think every waiting area should be this cozy. Audrey looks to me like a ghost. It fits in with the theme of New Orleans.
Audrey again with the camera.
She took a great shot here. My two boys.
My nieces and great niece and Daddy.

Will, Daddy and Audrey pose on the balcony of the restaurant. Behind them is Jackson square.

After the meal we decided to go to the Gay Easter Parade.
It was my favorite parade. The kids did not realize that these were men dressed in drag.
Daddy went with Stacy and Liz and got a cigar.
Yes, this is Mr. Louisiana Leather. I am not sure if he is 2007 or 2008. This parade was fun and beautiful. One of the people gave Audrey a stuffed bear that is bigger than her. She absolutely loves it.
And of course our queen, my sister Liz. She waves to the Quarter as we are about to leave. This was a great day. This has been one of my favorite Easters. The kids really enjoyed it as well. The food was good, the scenery was good, and family was priceless. I wouldn't give them up for anything.
The next morning we headed to Acadiana.
Acadian Zoo
We went to the zoo with Joseph, Sarah and Aunt Janie. Mark had to go back to Mississippi to work. So it was just Janie, the kids and me.


Will is hanging around the zoo.

Audrey feeds a llama. We had a great few days. It was the kids spring break. Will had an asthma attack but Uncle George was there to fix him. We also ate crawfish and a lot of other good food.
It was time to go home and spend a few days there before it was time to back to school.
GO KART
Mark fixed the go cart. Will loves it!!


He even took me for a ride. I was cleaning and doing yard work. I took a break for a great ride though. Then I went and took a shower.
Spring Break was up and then we had to get back to school. Talent show try-outs were the first day back to school. Will and Audrey made two acts each.
Talent Show
Audrey and her friends sang and danced to Mister Sun!
A close up of my little flower.
Will and his friends dance and sang to The Lion Sleeps Tonight.
Audrey sang Rubber Ducky. As usual she brought down the house.

Will played a piano solo. I had to take his splint off so he could play. Then I would put it back on.

Medieval Times

Will's Discovery's class went on their annual trip. This year we got to see the Knights and Medieval Times. His friends are ready for the action.

His teacher got the Queen of Love and Beauty banner from our knight.

Will poses with our knight. I was so glad we got a cute knight. The kids had so much fun. And so did the moms and dads.

SPRING PICTURES
Will got his haircut on Sunday and they had school pictures on Monday. I picked them up and decided to take my own spring pictures of them.
I took a lot of pictures. Here is one of them. I love taking pictures of them. Especially since I don't know what I get until I download them.

I love these red azaleas!!!
Now that is the end of my catch up for the last month.

No comments: